5.25.2012

round up: a week of inanimate objects


The kids and I were licking spoons of this while it cooled.

While Pinterest was filling up with my crayon donuts, an Apartment Therapy feature
on them had some lively, snarky commentary. Check it out here. It was ridiculous!

 Oliver is anything but inanimate, but the balloons are. I grabbed them off a light
pole after a street festival. He calls it the sea urchin-monster.

I took an hour with Oliver in front of Sesame Street to get out my old watercolor gear and start a little something. I didn't get anywhere, but the act of doing that and the fact that I have space in my life to try meant a lot to me.

These postage stamps from Sweden are so pretty. Our USPS pine cone and juniper
stamps are my favorite, but these take the cake.


David and I spent our once-a-year twelve hour stretch without the kids last weekend. We had breakfast at the wonderful farm:table. We saw The Dictator, which we loved. We made a "stroll, talk, drink, snack, thrift and repeat" tour of the Mission. Highlight: Mission Cheese. Disappointment: Hog and Rocks, but not too disappointing, because there was marrow and toast!

Never met one we didn't like.

One more of this guy, for now.

Here's the before shot on my twice-yearly art/cookware cabinet cleanup. Seriously out of hand.


Total mess. I cleaned this before Christmas and this is what it looked like a week ago. Disaster.

But check this out. This is how we're rolling into summer vacation. We're ready to bake, to paint, to draw, to make more piƱata eggs and try to start my Etsy shop. We are SORTED!


It's awesome! Except I forgot to leave an area for completed artwork. I guess that's what our art wall is for.


And finally, I've been complaining about not having a camera since the day I started this blog, almost a full year ago. I bought this one off of a friend. It's heavily used and was heavily discounted. I need a lot of practice and to get out of the habit of picking up my phone when I want to photograph something, but I am super lucky to have worked out this deal.

SAY CHEESE!
(Note: This photo still taken with my phone.) 


Today is the last day of school. I am SO excited. We all are. I've mentioned before, this will probably be the last summer I spend completely unfettered to any sort of work, and we will make the most of it like we did last summer. Like last summer, I'll be posting a whole lot of adventures, and even more days just staying home and keeping warm and hanging out. It's crazy to think I've been doing this a year now! It's been lots of fun, and it's so special to be able to look back on some of the highlights of our life over the last year. It's such a great record of how much Oliver and Stella have grown, and how much things change (and stay the same) in just a year. And I've met so many nice people through it, so thank you for reading. :)



6 comments:

  1. YAY! Good for you! Love that camera (almost like mine!) the cabinet looks much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LT! I'm excited to get going with that camera, definitely an adjustment, but for the better. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. OK that whole crayon Apt. Therapy thing was redonkulous! People are insane.

    Now, excuse as I go off and make that rhubarb and rosewater syrup. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it in champagne...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dottie! It's still going on, as of this morning (one "pro" donut crayon, one "con"). It is so silly, and really, really entertaining!

      Yes! Champagne would be perfect for it, I've been drinking many a rhubarb spritzer this weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. just checked out the crayon comments-- silly people! hope the neg's didn't get to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola!
      No, I'm fine. I can't believe I handled it as well as I did, actually! I found it truly amusing. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...