11.01.2013

halloween 2013



The ubiquitous Hermione Granger, and Sackboy, from the game Little Big Planet which they play with their father every Sunday night when I set in for my weekly all-nighter of work. The soundtrack to Little Big Planet is so nice that it was the soundtrack to our road trip this summer! Oliver knew months ago that this was what he wanted to be, and luckily I've always got a half dozen papier mâché balloon shapes lying around so it was easy to conceive of, if a little more difficult to execute. Oliver was a trooper though and kept swaying his head this way and that to keep the helmet in place without using his hands. They were both adorable, of course.



David and I had fun and dressed in Dia de los Muertos regalia. I've never actually done the face paint before (I have a great mask though). Turns out it goes on very easily and is really fun, and not nearly as difficult to remove as I had imagined it would be. David's beard got in the way a little. Next time I would just white that thing out!


Feliz Dia de los Muertos, everyone. I'll be back Monday with my second featured artist post for Carte Fini, which I can't wait to share. Have a great weekend! xoxo





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! We {my 11 year old little big planet-obsessed son and I} LOVE that costume! Amazing! Did you make it? We might have to copy next year... this is what my son rocked, all his idea...we like to call it "classic baby boomer dad". And yes, we shaved his head into a cul-de-sac! http://shetalks.typepad.com/my-blog/2013/10/happy-halloween-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey! I did make the costume! I used a paper mache balloon base for the "helmet". He looks sort of like a gingerbread man, and only ONE person all night knew who he was supposed to be, but my son loved it. And WOWOWOWOWOWOW! I just looked at your son's costume. THE BEST costume I've seen all year. Amazing! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...